Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Setting (and breaking) Long-Run goals!

I have a personal goal of running my first marathon this December. To accomplish this I needed to set up smaller goals. I tend to do a lot better with lots of little accomplishments then one big one. My guess is that quite a few of bus are that way.

This weekend I was up in New Hampshire for a wedding and I figured that it would be the perfect opportunity to break my long-run record and set a new PB. I also would have the opportunity to run by the beach which is a big plus. So on a rainy Saturday morning I started out on what would be my best run yet! I broke my previous long-run record of 13.2 miles with a 15.1 mile finish.  I also shaved a good amount if time off my half marathon time. Needless to say I was pleased.

Google+