Thursday, June 13, 2013

LUNCTIM RUN: Conditioning Your Knees For the Long Runs

Today's lunchtime run (5k) was productive. I wasn't able to get the time that I wanted but was able to keep the my goal pace for the first two miles. After that my feet and lower legs started to hurt so I figured it would be in my best interest to slow it down a bit. They probably still sore from this weekends 15 mile run and 15+ mile hike. 
I am still a novice runner. Up until about a year ago I was still in the "do what ever needs to be done to complete the race" mode. Now I am focusing more on energy management, training and running theory. "A Beginner’s Guide to Running" from NerdFitness.com has some great points on the right running techniques and foot placement. Even REI has a "Running Basics" page that outlines everything that you need to know. So for now my main focus is strengthening my knees and core. All in preparation for a full Marathon run!
Google+