Friday, October 20, 2017

First incarnation of my Ü System!

Originally Posted on Instagram July 26, 2017 . . . . . 

One of my personal projects has been to build a health dashboard. There are plenty of cloud connected apps out there but I just couldn't find one that was flexible enough for some of the things that I wanted to track and do. I decided to explore the scripting language behind Google Sheets.

My goal is to gather data from various sources and then correlated that data on one manageable dashboard. I also wanted to have lots of gauges and simple scores . Something quick to look at so I know if I'm meeting my daily, weekly and monthly goals.

So far I've been able to integrate data from my watch, from my phone, from my scale and my sleeping sensor. Last night I figured out how to use Tasker to log when I start and stop my meditation app. It then adds that data to my dashboard. In the pipeline is being able to automatically log workout locations with geofencing.

I know, a bit overkill in some ways but it gives me motivation and that has been difficult to find in the past 6 months. In the end that's what it's all about, finding your motivation. Geek On!
Google+