Tuesday, January 16, 2018

2018: Where have you been Jimmy D?

Just wanted to give a 2018 update to anyone who is reading my HeavyZen posts. I have been silent for a while but I am planning on becoming more active in the near future. I'm looking to retool things here a bit and make my post more personal. Basically, I want to share the success or failure of my life hack projects along with how I am doing with my health goals. I want to have less of the general information type post.

Next comes my  Ü System. Boy did I have a lot of fun with that and I learned a lot about the Google Hosting Environment, Google scripting and gathering data from non-related devices. In some form or fashion, I might revisit the idea. I truly think that a system that gathers data from various personal health devices and generates a daily score has a lot of potential. Think of it as a daily health dashboard. Honestly, I had a lot of success with the workflow, along with the code but a shiny thing came along and now the project sits idle. If someone wants to learn more about what I did and what plans I had, let me know.

I have had success with my DIY Office Hydration System and EDC Office backpack. I plan to share what I did and what I learned soon.

I haven't made any videos in a while. There are a lot of reasons for this. I guess I just got burnt out. I made a poc series for work and it didn't have the reception that I was looking for. It was kinda of bummer. I still have some ideas left and I learned a lot from that experience. 

Physically, I have gained about 20lbs and am not as active as I was two years ago. I plan to change this in 2018. My martial arts and yoga training have stalled out. I am currently at my brow belt and stiff as a board. On top of that, I haven't been to the dojo or the yoga studio in the past few months. It's really sad because what I learned at the dojo and through yoga really changed my life. I'm going to change that in 2018.

I need really need to get outdoors more. 

I have an exciting trip coming up in April. I will make sure to share it. 

So what is the take away from this? For me, life isn't perfect. Don't get me wrong, I have a lot to be grateful for. What I mean is that I do a lot of things, that is who I am. I will always have projects. Somethings work, somethings have a short life span and somethings don't work at all. It has taken me forty plus years to understand that things working, not working, not being stuck to etc, it's ok. I learned something and I might be able to use what I learned on my next project. Plus, I have fun and that is what it is all about.

All of the goals on my Trello board have been updated. I'll let you know how I do. 



Google+