Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Workplace Napping

Some might think that sleeping on the job is a sign of laziness, but quite a few progressive companies are starting to encourage employees to take mid-day naps to recharge. This post on Why You Should Let Your Employees Nap at Work reminded me of an earlier post about how I have been experimenting with The Science of the Über Napping.


“If I have things that are particularly draining for me, like a presentation or lots of interviews, getting 20 or 30 minutes to pay back some of the sleep I lost the night before can make me so much more effective,” - Mike Volpe HubSpot
I think Mike is 100% correct here. As the old saying goes,"Life Happens". If you want to be valuable to the company for the entire day and you haven't had a full nights sleep for whatever reason, its a smart idea to get a quick nap. Its also good for the company because it helps promotes productivity. I love the idea of building a room for napping and making it part of the company culture that HubSpot has. It also got me thinking, what are some of the ways companies could add a nap friendly environment to their world?


Google+